January 29, 2010

Gotta love being a mom...

Kids are so funny. There are things that my kids do everyday that I swear I'm going to remember, but tend to forget as they get older. Since I'm terrible at keeping a journal, I guess I better blog some of our funny experiences.

John and David LOVE to color. (They call it "coley coley.") One night right before bed they colored up a storm while I was busy elsewhere. After they were done I put them to bed. The next morning I was carrying John to his high chair and I felt something weird in his jammies. I unzipped them and found a crayon. I guess he was storing it there for later. After breakfast, I took the boys in to change their clothes and found at least 30 more crayons in the feet of John's pajamas. How did I not feel them?! That's a ton of crayons! I carried him to bed, to his chair, all over the house! I can't imagine how he slept that night... He didn't complain about them even once. Funny kid. (As a side note, the next morning there was a spoon in his jammies, and again I didn't find it until I was changing him after breakfast.)

Today on the way home from ice fishing, Ellie was examining Eric's camping spork (spoon/fork). She said, "Dad this is a 'threek,' not a fork (four-k)." It was totally obvious because the spork only had three prongs. That got a good laugh.

David is going through a phase where things scare him. He'll tell you something "care me." Lately Elmo "care me," Tigger "care me," and kitty "care me." He'll rattle of a list of things that scare him at any given time. Another funny thing about David is that he can strip down to his diaper in record time. I swear I'll turn my head for 2 second and he's naked.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

That is so cute Maryn! It is so true that you think you will remember things forever and you just forget. I love that he put that many crayons in his jammies. So funny!

Matt&Melissa said...

That crayon story is hilarious! Boys crack me up...so different than girls:) Good job at writing these funny things down...I need to be better.