Birthday Hugs!
It seems like the last two years have flown by. I can't believe David and John turned two this week. They are such sweet boys. We love them so much and are grateful to have them in our family.
We started our birthday celebration on Sunday with the Cooks. The boys thought it was awesome when we sang Happy Birthday and they got to blow out the candles. I think we sang and blew out candles three times before they were satisfied. They were excited about their new Legos and puzzles. Ellie and Eric were also excited about the Legos. Eric wanted to get the boys to bed early on Sunday so he could get his hands on them.
John and David (especially John...) love Lightning McQueen, so we had to get a Cars balloon. They are both crazy about balloons.
Before Eric left for work on Tuesday morning we opened presents. We were really excited about the Radio Flyer big wheels we got them. They really liked them too, even though they need to do a little growing to fit the bikes properly. For now, they love scooting around in them. David cracks me up...Yesterday he came up to me and gave me a kiss and said, "Bye, Mom. I'm going to Grandma Jeans." Then he rode his bike down the hall and pretended to go to my moms house.
Ellie gave the boys these cool Buzz Lightyear action figures. (boys have action figures, right? not dolls...) They are also into Buzz lately.
We spent the afternoon playing outside because it was such a beautiful day. They had fun blowing bubbles, sliding, and playing peek-a-boo in our little playhouse. They are crazy about playing outside.

That evening the Allreds came over to celebrate with pizza and birthday cake. They boys were in heaven playing outside with their sister and cousins. Grandma Jean and Grandpa John gave them a new T-ball tee and baseball bats. The kids had fun running around and only hit the ball into the neighbor's yard a dozen times...
This is David and John's Cars cake. It was delicious, except I wasn't crazy about the black frosting.
This is David and John's Cars cake. It was delicious, except I wasn't crazy about the black frosting.
We're so grateful to everyone who helped us make John and David's birthday a special one. Thanks for all the nice gifts and birthday wishes!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Boys! I still remember when you told us that you guys were expecting twins and coming over after they were born.
Happy Birthday boys! That is so fun! I can't believe how big they are already. Looks like you guys have had tons of fun celebrating! :)
Your little, well not so little guys are adorable. I love the dimples and grins they have. I think they are looking a lot more like their sister as they grow. Too fun! Gotta love Birthdays!
oh it looks like they had a great birthday! they are so dang cute!
Post a Comment