January 2, 2011

Christmas 2010

My only complaint about Christmas this year is that it got over way to fast.  

Christmas Eve:
We spent Christmas Eve with the Cooks at Eric's Aunt Kristie's beautiful home.  The kids did a talent show and the Nativity.  Then we had a visit from Santa.  Later that evening we headed to Eric's parents house to talk to Eric's brother Bryan who is serving a mission in Mexico.  It was great to talk to him.  Then we opened a few presents.  Ellie and the boys always get the nicest outfits from Grandma Teresa and Grandpa Dave.  They also got some cute books and games from cousin Ben.  After opening presents we headed home so we could get to bed so Santa could come.

Ellie got this cute computer at the Cook family party.
"Is it my turn?!"  The boys were awesome at opening presents this year.
What a beauty.
Christmas Morning:
The kids woke up around 7:30 on Christmas morning and got down to business.  For weeks Ellie had been telling me that she wanted this silly remote control dog.  I kept telling her not to ask for it because Santa was definitely not bringing it.  (by "silly"  I mean it is the lamest toy ever...)  I couldn't convince her that she didn't want it, so Eric and I broke down and got it for her.  She was so happy.  David and John love their new Buzz and Woody.  Ellie also got some in-line skates.  It will be no time until she's buzzin' up and down the street in those.  Eric and I got new phones.  Eric got an iphone.  I must admit it is pretty sweet.

John and David also got a Thomas the Train set.  John especially loves it.  He plays with it non-stop.
We got a new Flexible Flyer sled to take to the cabin.  They are the best sleds!

John and "Cowboy Woody," as he calls him.
David and Buzz.  He was so excited!


Ellie and her big surprise from Mom and Dad.  It made her day!
After presents, we headed over to the Allreds for our traditional Christmas brunch casserole and orange rolls.  It just isn't Christmas with out brunch at Grandma's!  Then the grandkids opened their presents and we relaxed and played for awhile.  Later that day we went to the Mechams for a visit, and Ellie got the most amazing doll house.  Then Ellie got to go to Uncle Mike's for a special "late night" with her cousins.  ("late night" means she was too scared to sleep over with the rest of the kids, so she came home at 10:30 or so...)  Back at home, David, John and I tried out our new marble game.

Grandkids at the Allreds

John and David got these cool Spike Jr. dinosaurs from Grandma and Grandpa.  Eric never fails to tell me that boy toys are so much cooler than girl toys...
Ellie got Baby All-Gone

Lightning McQueen Legos...a BIG hit with John
David and Livi
Playing the marble game.
Ellie's fabulous doll house.  It took Eric around 2 hours to put together.  She loves it.
Ellie and the boys had a sleepover in their new sleeping bags.  They thought it was so cool.

I can't believe Christmas has already come and gone. We had so much fun spending time with our families. Now, how long do you think the "Santa's watching!" and "Naughty list!" threats will last?  I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday as much as we did!

2 comments:

Lisa Sprague said...

Looks like you had a pretty fantastic Christmas! Your kids are darling!

Kelly D. Ross said...

Oh for fun!! Tell Ellie I want to come and play with that doll house of hers. You are such a cute mom, Maryn!