March 22, 2011

Happy Birthday to David & John

We celebrated David and John's birthday last week.  I hope it was a memorable day for them!  It's hard to believe that they are already three.  They have grown up so much...and way too fast.
{John and David on the day they were born.  So sweet!  It's hard to believe that they were ever this small.  We had no idea what we were getting into, but we wouldn't change a thing.}
Eric and I got David and John the coolest 2-wheel bikes. We were super excited for them to wake up on the morning of their birthday, and they did not disappoint.  They could not believe their eyes.  They rode their bikes around the kitchen all day.  I was a little nervous, but we made it through the day without any major dents.

 After opening presents and a special birthday breakfast of Mickey Mouse pancakes (which they did not eat...) and strawberries, the boys headed outside to blow bubbles. What is it about kids and bubbles? They LOVE them! Of course, they had used them up (slash) spilled them in a matter of minutes, but it was worth it.

Poor John...always the first to spill his bubbles.
 For lunch, Eric met us at Chuck E. Cheese.  The boys and Ellie had a great time.  David must've ridden this ice cream truck ride 10 times.  He loved it.  John also loved the puppy ride, but was more interested in the popcorn game.  They ran from game to game having so much fun.


Ellie had fun too!  She was crazy for tickets.
For some reason I could not get a decent picture of the boys on this day.  They were determined not to smile or look at the camera when I wanted them to.  SO, this is the best we could do!
 Later that evening our families came over for cake and ice cream.  We are so lucky to have such a caring and generous family to celebrate with.  The boys got lots of fun gifts, and loved blowing out the candles.

 


Our cute and tasty Buzz and Woody cake.

Grandma Jean & Grandpa John gave the boys some cute Lightning McQueen helmets and bike bells.  Grandma Teresa & Grandpa Dave gave them a couple of awesome scooters.  Needless to say, we will be spending a lot of time outside as soon as the weather cooperates.  

{Happy Birthday David and John!  We love you so much!  I can't imagine our family without you.  We are so proud of everything you have learned.  We love to watch you laugh and grow.  The world is yours guys!  Love, Mom}
 




1 comment:

Emily Meyerhoffer said...

All three of your children are adorable! I'm so glad David and John had such a fun birthday, those are some great presents- how lucky!

It was fun seeing you Sunday, I hope to see you guys out on a bike ride soon!