February 15, 2012

Zoo Day

It turns out that this mild February we are having is perfect zoo weather.  Ellie has to give a report on a Rainforest animal, so we decided to make use of our zoo passes and head to SLC to get a picture of the howler monkeys to go in her report.  It was a beautiful day and everyone had a fun time.

P1070391   P1070392

Sometimes I think my kids like the bronze animal statues better than the actual animals.

P1070396

P1070403 P1070400

The carousel is always a big hit with the Cook kids.

P1070401

P1070386 P1070388

Howler monkey pictures for the report.

P1070408

Here’s the traditional “zoo picture” on the giant elephant.  As we were waiting our turn for pictures John said, “Whoa, that’s the second biggest elephant I’ve ever seen!”  It was so funny.  We’ve been laughing about it all week.

After the zoo we took the kids to Applebee's.  They were exhausted by the time we finished dinner.  I guess that’s the sign of a good day. 

P.S. The zoo still stinks even in cooler weather.

No comments: