April 20, 2009

Trip to the Zoo

We went to the zoo with Sammy, Nate, Grandma Jean, and Grandpa John last Friday. I insist on going to the zoo early in the season so it's not so stinky. The weather was just right and we had a great time. The kids liked the zebras and giraffes best. Mostly because they have the movie Madagascar 2 on the brain... The twins did really good in their stroller and were thrilled to go on the train ride. The adults were impressed by the peacocks strutting around. Pretty cool trip.

Riding the train.


"How big am I?"

Cool peacock.
Checking out the gorilla. Of course he moved behind the pole as I was taking the picture.
There's Melman, there's Melman! (Please tell me you've seen Madagascar...)
Riding the Carousel. Nate had a GRIP around my neck.
"What! You're making all three of us get on this elephant?"
The kids loved the elephants.

5 comments:

Ludlows said...

Fun trip! I like to zoo! You kids are getting so big!

Abby Fowers said...

HOW FUN! I love going to the zoo! You're so funny to want to go before it gets stinky! LOL. I always want to go before it gets too busy or too hot! :) Now you've got me wanting to go on a zoo trip. Cute pics!

Camille said...

how fun i wished we lived closer to the zoo! the kids just love that place!

Candace S. said...

What a fun day! We love the zoo and I'm hoping to go soon. Your kids are getting so big!

Mandy said...

Fun zoo day! I used to have an annual pass and go once a week when I lived close. I miss that. I keep saying this, but I want to hang out. I'm calling- that's it. I'm calling.