We went on a great hike on Friday morning. We planned to go to Bloomington Lake, but it's still closed for the season. We ended up hiking the Paris Peak trail. We didn't make it all the way to the Peak, but we hiked about 4 miles total. It was great for me because Bryan and Corey carried the babies on their backs. It was the perfect weather for a hike.
That evening we went to the beach. I thought it was too cold to play in the water, but my kids sure didn't. I didn't even put David and John in their swim suits, but that didn't stop them from getting soaked. I should've known better. John had an especially great time. He carried a bucket and shovel around the entire time, and if you tried to take them from him, LOOK OUT! The funniest thing was the boys chasing the seagulls and shouting, "duck, duck!" David was especially excited. Ellie had a great time swimming with her uncles.
Yesterday we went on another hike. We tried out the Limber Pine Trail. It was an easy hike that went around in a loop. Again, I didn't have to carry David on my back. Missy volunteered for the job. Maybe that's why I thought it was so easy...
Unfortunately, the trip ended on a sour note because Ellie was sick on the ride home and threw up in the car. I felt bad for her, but was also extremely grossed out. It was my first "car puke" experience. I hope never to have another.
4 comments:
Fun weekend. I love all the hikes you guys go on. I am jealous!
car puke's are the worst. noah did that on our trip to disney land last year. it went all over me, him and his cousin. i guess the only good thing is that it wasn't our car. it was a rental! : )
oh ya, i hope she is feeling better now!
We had a "car puke" incident this last week as well! Unfortunately, we have had at least 5 of those incidents. I'm afraid to say, it's only the beginning! You guys are very adventurous. Looks like fun!
Post a Comment