February 25, 2010

The Hunger Games


I just want to put this recommendation out there for anyone who loves reading like I do. I have become completely obsessed with this book. I read it a few weeks ago and still can't stop thinking about it. Even though it's young adult fiction, I convinced Eric to read it too. He couldn't put it down either. He suggested I put a review of it on our blog, but I've discovered that's harder that I thought...
In a nutshell, it's about 24 teenagers who are forced into an arena to fight each other to the death. I know it sounds gory, but it's really not what you would think. I loved so many things about this book, I could go on for days. I loved the main character, Katniss. She's strong, brave, loyal, and completely unaware of how great she is. I loved the fast paced element of adventure, it's a real page turner. I'm always a sucker for a little love story. It's got it all!
The Hunger Games is part of a trilogy, and I also read Catching Fire, the second book. It was equally as awesome as The Hunger Games. The third book, Mockingjay, doesn't come out until August. I'm looking forward to it every bit as much as I did Harry Potter! So there you have it...my two cents on The Hunger Games.


1 comment:

Abby Fowers said...

OOH! Thanks! I love hearing of a new book to read. I'm a book-o-holic!