April 1, 2010

Coloring Easter Eggs



We colored eggs on two separate occasions this year. First, on Monday for family night and then today at Grandma Jeans to pass the time. Coloring eggs is a big hit with my kids. For me, it was a learning experience. Here is a list of the important lessons I learned from coloring Easter eggs with my kids this year:

1. It is impossible to get a good picture while coloring eggs. There is just too much going on for anyone to stop and say "Cheese!"

2. Two year olds LOVE coloring eggs! They are also very heavy handed with them. I'm pretty sure 50% of the eggs we did were cracked. They also love everything about the bright colors, including making their fingers match the eggs. We had lots of blue fingers. (also blue bellies...)

3. John does not like the taste of vinegar.

4. Ellie likes pink eggs the best.

5. There will be tears when coloring eggs. Eric and I felt like crying when we started this project because we needed more hands. The kids all cried when we were out of eggs!





Our finished product. So fancy!

No comments: