July 19, 2010

We Went Camping!

We had the best time camping last week. We stayed overnight at South Fork with Mike and his family. It was the twins first camping trip, and the 1st one that Ellie will be able to remember. (The last time we took Ellie camping she wasn't one yet and she bawled the whole night. It was a disaster. This time was much better.) Ellie and her cousins had fun exploring our campsite and finding trails. They played catch and ring toss. The boys followed everyone around and entertained themselves while we set up camp. Everyone keeps laughing about how John was desperate for a cup, but everyone was too busy to find him one. ("I need a cup!! I need a cup!! Where's a cup!!) Eventually, he took matters into his own hands and just sucked on the cooler spout until he got a drink. We roasted hot dogs and had huge marshmallows. We tried to play Murder in the Dark, but the concept was wasted on Ellie and Owen. As it got dark, David got a little concerned about bears because Eric kept teasing him about them. The boys liked sleeping in the tent OK, but I think they were a little cold. They had the hardest time going to sleep. They were laughing at us in the other tent. David was more than ready to get out of the tent when morning came. (He said, "We all done? We all done in here? over and over...) Grandma Jean, Grandpa John, and Alaina joined us in the morning for breakfast. Then we went down to the river and waded for awhile. The water was extremely cold. After wading, we went back to camp and had lunch and then went home. All in all, it was a successful camping trip. Eric and I are hoping to go again this summer.

Here are David and Jeremy at our campsite.

Ellie's giant marshmallow.

Finding trails in the dark.

John LOVES flashlights and could be seen with one at any given time while we were camping. Even in the daylight.

Grandma and Grandpa! What a nice surprise to wake up to.

Ellie and Owen at the river. It was so COLD.

John really really wanted to shoot this water gun, but it was too complex for his little 2 year old fingers.

David playing in the water.

Playing with Dad.

2 comments:

Erin Morgan said...

I want in! I went to girls camp last week, and I remembered how much I LOVE camping! So, if you go for another over nighter, count us in! It looks like you guys had fun. :)

Camille said...

it loks like you guys are having a fun, busy summer!