If you know me, you know I love to read. I'm always up for suggestions of books to read, so send them my way. Here are a few books that I read this summer and what I thought about them. Keep in mind that I am definitely not a book critic and don't consider myself to be. I'm just passing along a few that I liked!
I read The Thirteenth Tale at the 1st of the summer. It was kind of slow, but I ended up liking it. It was very mysterious with an unexpected plot twist.
I read all three books in The Millennium Series and got Eric to read them too. We both liked all three. All three were pretty dark and had some scary parts. I think after I read the 1st one I woke Eric up to snuggle in the night. Real scary people are way worse than vampires and such...
I loved The Shadow of the Wind. I love mysteries and it was a good one. Very intriguing. Pretty language too.
I just finished Mockingjay. I have waited and waited for this book, and now that I'm finished I don't know what to do with myself! I must admit that I re-read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire this summer to get ready for Mockingjay. I has taken me a couple of days to wrap my head around the story, but I have decided that I liked it a lot even though it wasn't what I expected. I'm sure I'll keep thinking about this one for days to come.Now I need something else to read.
11 comments:
I didn't know Mockingjay was out. Dang it! I have been waiting forever...or so it feels like.
Did you love it??? Any hints?
Love the recommendations. I needed it.
I can't wait to read Mockingjay! I just finished Secret Daughter and loved it. Thanks for the recommendations! I still need to find you on Goodreads. There are like 20 Maryn's in Utah...
Sara, You HAVE to read Mockingjay ASAP. Eric hasn't read it yet so I haven't had anyone to talk to about it yet. After I read it I felt totally drained. From the story and I think from the anticipation. It really did take me a couple of days to decide that I liked it because it definitely wasn't what I expected. No "love conquers all" in this one...
Mandy, I'm on Goodreads but don't really know what I'm doing...Help!
I ordered it today. Should have it hopefully early of next week. Is it long? I thought the other two were too short. haha
So she doesn't end up with Peeta?
There's no way I'm going to spoil it for you! I agree about them being too short. This one's about the same as the others. Funny that they're young adult books, don't you think? You should read Ender's Game if you like The Hunger Games. It's my all time favorite.
YAY! Feel free to constantly share good books that you've read. I love to read too and I'm always looking for suggestions. I definitely need to check some of those out! Thank you! And I agree - I liked Mockingjay. Not what I expected, but I like that. I appreciate an author who can catch me off guard, cause I can usually predict everything too easily!
oh i have forgotten about the BOOK WORM you are!
Have you read The mortal Instruments series? The first one is called The City of Bones. They are amazing, I have read some great books..if you want me to give you some more just let me know! Have you read The Body Finder?
I haven't read either of those Chaleese, but I've heard of The City of Bones. I'll have to check them out for sure. Keep sending the suggestions my way!
Chaleese...I also need an invite to your blog...if that's OK!
ericandmaryn@msn.com
I will send you a list of books that I have read if you want?! Yes, I would love to invite you! :)
Post a Comment