March 26, 2012

Busy Weekend

We had a busy weekend…busy but fun.  Eric had the day off on Friday and I kept him busy with mandatory family fun.  After Ellie got home from school we headed over to my parent’s house to fly kites in their back yard.  David has been asking all week if it’s “the perfect day to fly kites.”  Finally it was… up until Ellie got her finger wrapped up in the kite string and David accidentally let go of his kite and I had to chase it across my dad’s garden.

Kites4

kites1Kites2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

kites3

Friday night, the kids got to sleep over at my parent’s house with their cousins who were visiting from Cedar City.  A great time was had by all.  Especially by myself and Eric. 

On Saturday, we had our annual Easter Egg Hunt with the Allreds.  We had it early this year because of the visiting cousins.  It is one of my favorite traditions.  Unfortunately, David and John were especially un-photogenic on this day.  And the picture I took of all 13 grandkids was terrible.  Bad lighting.  Oh well.

Here are some cute pictures of Ellie, and some nice shots of the back of David & John’s heads…

P1070576 P1070580

P1070581 P1070578

And…the terrible shot of the grandkids.  Blah.

P1070583

After the Easter egg hunt, Eric and I went to The Hunger Games.  We both really liked it.  We thought it was true to the book, more or less.  We didn’t like the shaky camera tricks.

images

On Sunday we spent the day with our cousins again.  We’re all worn out.  To top things off I’ve been fighting a cold all weekend.  It’s hard to get back to reality after such a full weekend.

No comments: