October 27, 2008

Ellie's Big Day

Ellie had such a fun birthday. I'm pretty sure she's still recovering from it. Her big day was Friday, Oct. 24. On Thursday night she was so excited that she couldn't sleep. She told me and Eric that in the morning we should wake up early and jump out and say "Suprise!" Wake up early she did! She was up by 7:00 and ready to open presents. Eric and I got her a camera that she can take real pictures on, a new coat and snow pants, the Sleeping Beauty DVD, and some Barbie clothes.
Here's Ellie with her birthday gifts.

Later that afternoon we hosted our first birthday party ever. Ellie wanted to have a Disney Princess party. We had a princess cake, princess invitations, and we rented a bounce house with princesses on it. Ellie invited 12 of her closest friends. The kids were so good. Not one child in tears the whole time! We went pretty casual and let the kids run the show. We let them jump in the bounce house for awhile and then did presents, cake, and a pinata.

Ellie and the bounce house. I didn't realize it was going to be quite that big. I guess it was kind of "overkill."

Fun in the bounce house.

Here's Ellie attempting to hit the pinata. The thing would NOT break. Eric finally had to get it started with his pocket knife.

Here are our cute party guests.

All in all the party was a success. I know Ellie had a blast and I hope her friends did too. We were all ready for a nap after the last party guest went home!

Ellie's birthday celebration carried on into Saturday when we invited our families over for cake and ice cream.
Here's Ellie and her aunt Alaina.

Ellie, Erin, and Ben.

Ellie blowing out the candles with help from cousin Owen.

Owen came to the party decked out like a gangster. I'm pretty sure it was just for fun, not Halloween. Notice his bling. Cute kid.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Ran into your blog in a round about way as I was checking into some from Matt & Jackies's.

The party pictures are cute. Carson had a blast.