December 20, 2008

Allred Family Christmas Party

We had a great time at the Allred Family Christmas Party. My mom always works so hard to make it special for us. We had a great dinner. Then the kids made graham cracker houses. I wish I had a picture of Ellie's. It had a marshmallow reindeer that was bigger than the actual candy house. So funny! She put stick pretzels for the eyes. It looked like something right out of Star Wars. Of course she ate it before I could get a good picture! Next, we read the Christmas Story and the kids dressed up. What fun is the nativity without an angel in a tablecloth?

Here are Ellie, her cousins and Aunt Alaina (what a good sport) in their "authentic" nativity clothes.

Later in the evening we had a special visitor. Grandma has been inviting him to our party for the last few years. He's a fun addition. Ellie was SO excited. She's all about sitting on Santa's lap this year. She keeps asking for Pixos and a singing High School Musical doll.

Here are David, Sleepy John, and Santa. (Look alive, Santa!)

John was so tired that he fell asleep through Santa's entire visit. David didn't quite know what to make of him. When we left Ellie gave Grandma Jean a hug and said, "Thanks for the great party, Grandma." It was so sweet.

3 comments:

Camille said...

I remember your mom being awesome!
Little kid gingerbread houses are the best! I am so disappointed that you didn't get a picture of Ellie's! : )

Anonymous said...

I want to hear more about this good looking "Aunt Alaina".

Ludlows said...

We hope you guys had a Merry Christmas!