After opening presents we headed to my mom's for Christmas brunch. Each year we have orange rolls and a breakfast casserole that we now call "Christmas Casserole." Then the kids opened presents from my parents and we played with Mike and Hope's Wii. They got Dance Dance Revolution. I was no good at it. One of the highlights of the day was talking to our family in Alaska via webcam. I miss them so much! It's hard to be apart at Christmas! Later in the afternoon we went out to the Mechams for lunch and played games and visited. We were SO VERY tired after a great Christmas Day, but we managed to stay up late playing the Wii that Santa brought us.
December 29, 2008
Merry Christmas
We really had a great Christmas this year. It always turns into such a busy day, but I love it. I love the holiday atmosphere and the chance to spend the day with family. Our day started out early. Eric and I actually woke up before Ellie because we knew we needed a head start if we wanted to get out the door later. Ellie woke around 7:00ish and headed out to see if Santa had found her. She was very excited! Some of her favorite gifts were Pixos, a cupcake maker, and a singing HSM doll. John and David were more interested in the wrapping paper than the toys inside. They loved being part of the commotion. My favorite gift the boys got is their wagon. I think we'll get a ton of use out of it.





After opening presents we headed to my mom's for Christmas brunch. Each year we have orange rolls and a breakfast casserole that we now call "Christmas Casserole." Then the kids opened presents from my parents and we played with Mike and Hope's Wii. They got Dance Dance Revolution. I was no good at it. One of the highlights of the day was talking to our family in Alaska via webcam. I miss them so much! It's hard to be apart at Christmas! Later in the afternoon we went out to the Mechams for lunch and played games and visited. We were SO VERY tired after a great Christmas Day, but we managed to stay up late playing the Wii that Santa brought us.
After opening presents we headed to my mom's for Christmas brunch. Each year we have orange rolls and a breakfast casserole that we now call "Christmas Casserole." Then the kids opened presents from my parents and we played with Mike and Hope's Wii. They got Dance Dance Revolution. I was no good at it. One of the highlights of the day was talking to our family in Alaska via webcam. I miss them so much! It's hard to be apart at Christmas! Later in the afternoon we went out to the Mechams for lunch and played games and visited. We were SO VERY tired after a great Christmas Day, but we managed to stay up late playing the Wii that Santa brought us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You look WAY too good on Christmas morning! I was really scary looking:0
My baby was more interested in the wrapping paper too. I should have just wrapped up empty boxes! It looks like a successfully fun Christmas!
Post a Comment