February 25, 2009

Missing Crayons

My patience was wearing thin tonight with Ellie. I went into her room and discovered a box of 64 crayons about 3/4 of the way empty and no pile of crayons in sight. I politely asked her where the crayons were because I'm sure the boys will find them and eat them if they're lying on the floor somewhere. Ellie's quick reply was that she has no idea where a pile of 50 crayons could be...someone must have taken them. Someone must have taken them...! I was searching for the crayons, and getting more and more exasperated with Ellie when my sister Alaina called. She finds this story hilarious. She thinks it's funny that "someone must have taken them." It made me stop and think that maybe I shouldn't be yelling at my four year old about a pile of crayons I know she's hidden so she doesn't have to clean them up. I should just be laughing too. Lesson learned...

Earlier this week my nephew was diagnosed with a brain tumor. I've had tender feelings all week and have been a little on edge. I'm grateful that my sweet kids are healthy and happy. I'm going to try to chill out and not worry about the missing piles of crayons in my life because who really cares, right?


Someone must have taken them...where does she come up with it? Sheesh...

3 comments:

Ludlows said...

I love the things that kids say. We am sorry about your nephew. We hope that you and your family are comforted during this process. We love you guys!

Candace S. said...

That's so funny! Totally sounds exactly like the stories I get from Mickell. I'm sorry about your nephew...things like that definitely make you realize how unimportant "missing or stolen" crayons are. Us mom's get too caught up and worried about the little things that don't matter way too often. Thanks for sharing that. Love ya!

Amber said...

That is so true, how caught up we get sometimes in the little things! I am so sorry about your nephew, I hope all will be ok. Such a scary thing!