We received Ellie's registration packet for Kindergarten in the mail a couple weeks ago. I can't believe all the stuff you have to do to start school! Today I took Ellie to get her kindergarten shots. She was pretty nervous. In fact, the other night she came up to me and said maybe we should look on "doctors.com" to figure out how many shots she'd have to get. It turned out that she had to have 4 shots, 1 finger prick, and had to pee in a cup. It was pretty dramatic for her, but she did alright. I tried to make her feel better by taking her for ice cream after, but she ended up really hating her bubble gum ice cream. I should have let her try it first...lesson learned. Luckily, Grandma Jean was ready with a prize for a girl who had to get shots. She gave Ellie a new play make-up kit. She has really enjoyed playing make-up tonight. I caught her trying to put some on David. She is wearing eye shadow and lots of lip gloss in the picture above, but the camera just doesn't do it justice. As soon as we got home from getting dinner, Ellie climbed right into her pajamas and is milking her traumatic day for all it's worth. I guess that's OK every once in a while!
March 5, 2010
Kindergarten here we come!
We received Ellie's registration packet for Kindergarten in the mail a couple weeks ago. I can't believe all the stuff you have to do to start school! Today I took Ellie to get her kindergarten shots. She was pretty nervous. In fact, the other night she came up to me and said maybe we should look on "doctors.com" to figure out how many shots she'd have to get. It turned out that she had to have 4 shots, 1 finger prick, and had to pee in a cup. It was pretty dramatic for her, but she did alright. I tried to make her feel better by taking her for ice cream after, but she ended up really hating her bubble gum ice cream. I should have let her try it first...lesson learned. Luckily, Grandma Jean was ready with a prize for a girl who had to get shots. She gave Ellie a new play make-up kit. She has really enjoyed playing make-up tonight. I caught her trying to put some on David. She is wearing eye shadow and lots of lip gloss in the picture above, but the camera just doesn't do it justice. As soon as we got home from getting dinner, Ellie climbed right into her pajamas and is milking her traumatic day for all it's worth. I guess that's OK every once in a while!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh my goodness, she's adorable!
that is traumatic for anyone to pee in a cup and have to get shots in the same day! i would have milked it too. she is one smart little girl! and so pretty too!
Oh, I remember all the things that we needed to do for Kimberlen too and we had no idea. They need to give some heads up to the first time school parents to help them be a little more prepared. Kindergarten is so fun you will love to see how much she grows.
Thank goodness for those good grandma's and all the "cool" presents they give the kids, right? I can't believe our little babies are all getting so big!
Post a Comment