July 26, 2011

Here today, gone tomorrow…

P1050928

The title of this post says it all! The baby ducks hatched last Thursday.  We didn’t notice until late afternoon, even though we’d checked earlier that morning.  Maybe they all hatched after we checked, but I think the mommy was probably sitting on them so we couldn’t see.  Throughout the rest of the day we had about a million people come by to check out the ducks.  Family, friends, neighbors… That may be why the ducks were gone by Friday morning.  Or maybe the quick departure was all part of Mommy Duck’s master plan.  The ducks were so darn cute.  I’m glad we got to see them, even if it was only for a day.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Aww, they are absolutely adorable!! And super soft, I'm sure!

Abby Fowers said...

How precious! I love baby ducks. They are so cute. That is fun that you got to share in the excitement, even if only for a short time. :)

Young People in Love said...

SO awesome! What is it about baby ducks that are so magical and captivating? Oh yeah, I remember. They're baby ducks. :)