October 24, 2011

Hogle Zoo

Eric and I took the kids to the zoo this weekend.  They had a great time.  Normally I don’t love the zoo, but the kids were so good this time, that I think I could go again.  It was our 1st trip to the zoo without a stroller.  I was pleasantly surprised at how good the boys did.  They were wiped out by the time we were done, but they still did great.

P1060685

David was really looking forward to seeing the elephants.  He thought the baby was so cute.

P1060696

P1060694 P1060727

We rode the train and the carousel.  John loved the train, even if it is totally lame.

P1060692edit

P1060701 P1060709

P1060710

We saw  tigers, camels, crocodiles, turtles, snakes, wolves, and more.  John was disappointed that there were no bears.  (“bear bears”)  Here is how they measured up to the gorillas.

P1060722

After we had seen all the animals, we let the kids play on the playground.  It was a big hit, as playgrounds usually are with our kids.  They really did have a fun day at the zoo. 

On the way home we took them to Olive Garden to celebrate Ellie’s birthday.  It was a good day.