Over Spring Break Ellie had to do a recycling project. She had to make something useful out of something old, or used. With a little help from Pinterest, we were able to come up with a cute bird feeder made out of an empty orange juice carton.
For the record…This project had lots of steps but Ellie really did do every bit of it. I have been getting teased a little about this project. (Alaina…) She had help cutting the craft sticks and cutting the hole in the carton, but that’s about it. (There were knives, scissors, and measuring involved.) Eric and I even let her do the hot glue under close supervision. She picked the paint and painted it. She had to do a bunch of coats. Turns out it’s not easy to paint that waxy coating on the orange juice carton. After it was dry she decorated it herself. (I did step in and make her go easy on the stickers.) She’s pretty proud of her bird feeder, and I’m proud of her for sticking with it and doing such a great job. It’s so cute. We even got some birdseed from Grandpa John to fill it with when she brings it home from school.
2 comments:
That is cute! And so is Ellie.
where are you? i keep checking your blog for a new post, but to no avail! post already will ya??? : )
Post a Comment