Worst day ever! Our sweet baby John fell out of his crib two nights ago and broke his leg. I am still shocked an amazed that he made it over the side. Also, I'm still close to tears! It was around 2:00 in the morning and I was feeding David. I heard John start to cry for his bottle, so I headed in to get him and heard a huge THUD. Eric and I came running and found him on the ground. We hugged him and did our best doctoring to see if we could tell if anything was broken, and gave him a clean bill of health. Some doctors we are. After a long night of fussiness with him I gave up trying to sleep around 5:00 and tried to play with him. That's when I noticed that he would not put any weight on his right leg. I could tell he was hurt. As soon as the sun was up we went to see the REAL doctor in the family. Dr. Uncle Mike...our hero. He squeezed us in and we had John X-rayed to find that he'd broken his femur above the knee. Long story short, he's in a little blue body cast for the next four weeks. So sad! His 1st Christmas will be spent in a cast.
Diapering is not fun. He has to wear one shoved up the cast to keep it dry and hopefully clean, and another on top to protect clothes, furniture, etc...
7 comments:
Oh my gosh...That looks so sad! Poor little guy, he seems like a trooper though! It'll make for some good pictures to look at when he gets older!!
I'm so sad for him, and I'm so sad for you! What a crazy thing to happen. I'm so sorry. It looks like he can still smile though, so that's good! Hang in there through the diaper changes, that does not sound fun!
That is the saddest thing I have ever seen! What a cute guy, still smiling. i am sure my boys would be a bear if that were them! Aren't kids suppose to bounce?
Oh my word! That is so sad! Poor little guy! You guys are definitly troopers too. That sounds like a lot of work, but he looks content now so that is good. :)
I've never seen anything like that. A body cast for a little one. What a cute smile he has though. I got your email. My blog is not private for now. I might change it back. If I do I will invite you for sure!
I want to here more about this handsome hero uncle MIKE! He sounds awesome!!
I can't believe he broke his femur. What a terrible way to celebrate his first Christmas. I hope he heals soon for his sake and yours. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment