Today we attended Imagine Ballet's "The Nutcracker" starring my sweetest niece, OLIVIA ALLRED. I look forward to seeing Livi dance every year. She was so awesome...pretty much the star of the show. I admire her grace and her dedication to dance. This year she was in the Snow Corps, a Spanish dancer, and danced The Waltz of the Flowers. Very impressive.
Now on to the part of this post that I like to call "The altercation at the Nutcracker." For the past week I have been fighting a cold, complete with annoying cough. Unfortunately, at the end of the 1st act I started coughing and couldn't stop. ( this happens to everyone, right? ) My loving sister Alaina handed me a cough drop and a water bottle, and I covered my mouth with my arm and tried to gain control. Apparently the coughing really irritated the woman in front of me because just as the 15 minute intermission was about to end, she turned around and started to yell at me, claiming that I coughed on her for the whole 1st act. What...a...crock. I could not believe how rude she was and I let her know. I was definitely NOT coughing on her, or doing it on purpose. She and her mother continued insult me, but luckily Alaina and Mike had my back. They defended me and let those ladies know what idiots they were acting like. The mean lady's mother even went as far as to tell Mike to shut up, over and over.
Here is a reenactment of part of "the altercation." This happened after the majority of the arguing was over. Mike may have bumped one of the lady's chairs, but hey, he was just getting comfortable right?
Harpy: Hey! Do you want me to complain about you too?! Because I will! I'll go right now!
Mike: Yes. I want you to go now.
Harpy: Don't tell me what to do!
(As you can see we were dealing with superior intelligence...)
I am still fired up about this silly incidence. I am so non-confrontational, so it feels like a big deal to me. I just think that if I ever saw someone coughing like that I would offer help like Alaina did, instead of yelling. Also, she went and told on my sister -in- law, Cari, for having baby Addie in the theater. (SILENT baby Addie, I might add) So the manager came and made Cari leave the theater and go sit in the box seats. The box seats are the best in the house...so way to stick it to us, mean lady.

2 comments:
Oh my goodness! People are so rude!! I love the: Yes, I want you to go now comment! Ha ha! At least you all gave it back to her! :) Rude lady.
Oh my heck! People are so weird. Glad for the good seats though & how fun to go watch your niece!
Post a Comment