December 7, 2010

Our Last Festival?

Every year I make everyone (everyone meaning Eric, the kids, mom, and Alaina) go to the Festival of the Trees.  I love it because I loved it as a child.  But this year I have to say that it might be our last trip to the Trees. (Eric wholeheartedly agrees...)  It just keeps getting busier and busier every year.  It's hard to justify driving clear to the South Towne Expo Center and not get to see everything we want to because it's too crowded.

This year we had fun, but didn't see as many trees as I would've liked.  As always, the Kids Korner was a big  hit.  Ellie loves doing little crafts and the boys loved standing in a bubble.  The line for Santa was too darn long, so we'll have to catch him another time.

I love Christmas traditions.  I hope we can find one that my kids love as much as I've loved the Festival of the Trees.  Any suggestions?

Here we are at the Kids Korner making reindeer ornaments out of Christmas lights.  We also made reindeer antlers complete with lots of GLUE and sparkly sequins.  Sand necklaces are always a must at the Festival.  Here is David admiring his necklace, and John showing off his green reindeer who was already losing his nose. (Notice David's ears in his reindeer hat...I find him irresistible.)

What is it about standing in a bubble that is so appealing...exciting...awe-inspiring?  My boys loved it!  I was just glad they didn't fall in the swimming pool full of soap.

Good-bye Festival...but hopefully  not forever!

1 comment:

Chaleese said...

I always went to the Festival of trees growing up too. Every year. I still love to go, I am yet to bring my kids along though...:) We usually go with my mom and sisters. I LOVE it. There is SO many people now, like you said...it's crazy! Your kids are so darling, and growing up so big! :)