August 4, 2011

Our last free weekend of the summer…

This last weekend was our last totally free weekend of Summer 2011.  We have a few fun things on the horizon including, but not limited to:

  • A weekend in Cedar City with the Allreds for cousin Megan’s baptism.
  • Our 10th Anniversary and a trip to Las Vegas to celebrate (I’m counting the days!)
  • Corey’s football game in St. George. (Eric is counting the days…)

Before we know it school will be starting for Ellie, the boys, and me.  (Have I mentioned that I’m going to be teaching at the best pre-school ever in the Fall?  It will be an adventure.) 

Anyway, when we realized we had no plans whatsoever this weekend, Eric and I thought it might be fun to take the kids camping.  But that didn’t happen because Ellie threw a huge fit because she didn’t want to go.  During the fit, she wailed, “I’d rather go to the cabin!”  So we did.

We headed to Bear Lake on  Saturday afternoon and spent some quality time at the cabin.  On Sunday, we decided to check out Rendezvous Beach.   It turned out to be SO not worth it.  The water at Bear Lake is so high this year that all the good beaches are covered.  The water at Rendezvous was brown and murky.  I couldn’t see the bottom, and that was enough to scare me off.  Ellie had no qualms about the muddy water and jumped right in.  She is such a fish.  Eric and the were on the same page as me.  Needless to say, it was a short trip to the beach.  Despite the disappointing beach, we were glad we went!IMGP0501

IMGP0510

IMGP0520

IMGP0522

No comments: