August 11, 2011

Our Story…part 2

So, we went our separate ways.  Eric’s way was to Brazil, mine was to Logan.  Eric did the missionary thing, and I went away to school where I made some awesome friends, had lots of fun, and studied a little. 

Fast forward two years and I was still living it up in Logan and Eric was about to come home.  For two years I had written Eric, but never romantically.  In fact, I wrote most of Eric’s friends too.  I was pretty awesome.  A couple weeks before Eric got home I started to feel a little nervous.  I guess I was still harboring that crush despite the pre-mission rejection.  Honestly, I was pretty sure we were going to end up together and I was determined to hurry things along.  I decided that I needed a plan to get Eric to fall in love with me and to do that I needed to get him alone.  You see, a couple of our friends had already returned from their missions and were looking forward to seeing Eric.  I could see myself not fitting into that circle anymore, so I had to figure out a way to bring Eric into my circle.

The big day of Eric’s homecoming arrived, and I went to the airport with his family and a few of our friends.  When I saw Eric I was convinced that my plan had to work.  His homecoming couldn’t have come at a better time because it coincided with a busy work time for our friends who were going to be selling Living Scriptures over the summer.  Eric would have no choice but to hang out with me! (insert evil laugh here…)  My plan to get him alone fell into place beautifully.  I had him all to myself.

The beauty of this story is that it turns out that all my scheming and planning was unnecessary.  Eric had already figured it out for himself.  He had only been home for a few weeks and we were planning a wedding.  Eric got home on April 13, 2001, we were engaged on June 2nd, and married on August 10, 2001.  It was all such a whirlwind.  I loved it.

Ten years later we’re still happily married, but not only that… We’re best friends too.

(Happy Anniversary, Eric!  Hope this wasn’t too cheesy for you!  Love ya,  Maryn)

EC and MJAC

Here we are 10 years ago.  (Eric would say, “Feels like longer…”  Ha ha ha)

2 comments:

Kelly D. Ross said...

Oh, Maryn! The ending to your little love story was adorable. And just look at those 3 little sweeties that have come into your family. I'm just wondering when number 4 will be here?!? You two look so young in that picture. I love it!

Camille said...

You are so funny! Iove this picture, that is the Maryn that will always pop into my head when I think about our days together! And how come I didn't get a shout out during the Logan part of your story! Hello, we were inseperable!